The Fort Campbell Historical Foundation is a public, non-profit, 501(c)3 educational foundation (Form 990) established in 1992 to support the development of the Don F. Pratt Memorial Museum at Fort Campbell, Kentucky.
In addition to the Don F. Pratt Memorial Museum, the Foundation is committed to a multi-million dollar fundraising effort to construct the Wings of Liberty Military Museum, America’s only Museum of Patriotism.
The mission of the Wings of Liberty museum is to…
- Preserving the legacy of servicemen and women who served in peace and war deserves to be recorded for history.
- Drawing on the heritage of those who served at Fort Campbell, Wings of Liberty will be a tribute to the soldier patriot who served to protect those freedoms enjoyed by all Americans today.
- The museum seeks to remind each visitor that these heroes are not just soldiers; they are sons, daughters, husbands, and wives who have accomplished extraordinary feats.
- To understand military service, we will teach our youth tradition, courage, leadership, values, character, a love of country, and all things so important to the long-range security of our nation.
- Through a unique learning experience, the museum will seek to educate young and old, and build a bridge between the military and civilian communities.
- Patriotism has meanings as individual as those who speak the word. Our vision is to inspire each visitor to leave with a renewed commitment to our country, our way of life, and the sacrifice and cost of freedom.
- Preserving America’s patriotism is the best way to ensure future generations liberties.